Ads by CoolWords is the name of another quite annoying adware program which may easily get into your computer. Just as all other adware programs, this particular kind of software gets into computers together with many other free utilities downloaded by users from various online resources. You therefore need to be very careful whenever you deal with them. Following this guide will help you to remove Ads by CoolWords from your computer.
Ads by CoolWords is the adware that really slows down the work of your computer and of your browser. Keep in mind that browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are under the main attack of this adware, since they’re the most popular ones among users. If so, this means that your computer and your browser in particular will work very slow.
Ads by CoolWords generally do not present any decent information before you. Very often what they tell you is very misleading. For example, you could be told about the need to download and install some programs, such as video codecs, players, Flash or Java updates. This is absolutely not necessary, and these downloads are not carried out from legal websites. As a result of obeying all such misleading instructions, your PC becomes even more infected with all sorts of adware and other potentially unwanted programs.
We recommend you to get rid of these Ads by CoolWords from your computer as soon as you detect them in your browser. This can be done by completely removing the adware program that now causes these ads to pop up. To make sure that the adware is effectively removed we recommend you to follow this uninstall guide below, which implies scanning of your computer with a reliable anti-malware program as instructed below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Ads by CoolWords adware removal
Similar adware removal video:
Ads by CoolWords adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Ads by CoolWords adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Ads by CoolWords adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Ads by CoolWords adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.