Appscleaner.com pop-ups appear when your Mac is infected with certain adware. The purpose of all adware is to trick you wasting your money, without rendering any decent products or services. Sometimes adware is in charge or producing various intrusive pop-up ads leading to dangerous web sites. In many cases adware uses scary techniques to trick users through fake technical support or custom service pop-up scam. Fake alerts from appscleaner.com web site are the example of such scam.
Appscleaner.com scam removal menu.
How does your browser function with appscleaner.com pop-ups enabled?
Appscleaner.com alerts may appear through all Mac browsers today, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. The pop-up intends to create the impression in user’s mind that it tries to help him/her in fixing some Mac errors, quoting certain error codes and toll free numbers for users to call. Or, alternatively, the pop-up may suggest to download and install some really doubtful software that is only designed to make users waste their money for nothing.
The text of appscleaner.com pop-up warning is as follows:
Your Mac may be infected by a virus.
Without antivirus, your system is at high risk.
We recommend downloading an antivirus program.
Download it immediately.
Do not ever trust this scam! Its only intention is to make you spend your money for nothing. Just do not call those toll free numbers, since they are controlled by the frauds. As we have mentioned above, appearance of appscleaner.com pop-ups is explained by the activity of adware in your computer. Please follow the guidelines below to fix this issue with your computer.
Recommended application and important milestones to get rid of appscleaner.com pop-ups from Mac computers.
- Download Combo Cleaner for your Mac by clicking on the “Download Now” button below.
- You will be redirected to the App Store:
- Install the application and start it.
- Wait until Combo Cleaner downloads new updates (mandatory step):
- Once updates are downloaded and installed, click on “Start Combo Scan” button:
- To enable full functionality of Combo Cleaner and in order to delete detected malware, click on “Upgrade to Premium and Remove” button:
Detailed instructions to fix your browsers manually.
After you clean your computer from appscleaner.com pop-up infection it might be additionally useful that you follow additional steps that will help you to reset your browser back to the fully functional mode. These additional steps are manual and include removing suspicious extensions or complete reset of these infected browsers.
STEP 1. Fixing Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then choose “Settings“.
- Choose “Extensions” in the left section of the window. Uncheck suspicious extensions, then click on the Trash icon related to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove appscleaner.com pop-ups from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix your Google Chrome browser.
STEP 2. Fixing Mozilla Firefox.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove appscleaner.com pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Mozilla Firefox.
STEP 4. How to fix Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Opera.
Milestones to fix Safari in Mac OS X.
- Milestone 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Milestone 2. In the “General” tab set the home page back to google.com or other start page of your preference.
- Milestone 3. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Milestone 4. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Milestone 5. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Milestone 6. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Milestone 7. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.