Asrv-a.akamaihd.net is a pop-up that occurs in browsers infected with adware. For example, if you have SavingsBull ads and random windows popping up in your browser periodically. They will be titled as Ads by SavingsBull, and the chances are that these windows will be brought from asrv-a.akamaihd.net website. Definitely, this means your PC is in a trouble, this is why you must fix this issue as soon as you can.
Asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups is a problem for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In order to stop such pop-ups you need to first detect the program that causes them to appear in your browser. As we’ve said already, the chances are that SavingsBull adware may cause it, even though there could be some other adware programs that will spit out the same pop-up windows.
Asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups are dangerous. They are often very misleading, since you could be told in them about the need to download and install all kinds of other absolutely not necessary applications into your computer. As a result, your PC may be even more stuck with all sorts of adware programs and other unwanted stuff in your computer.
Asrv-a.akamaihd.net problem can be fixed if you completely uninstall the adware that causes it. Try to uninstall any suspicious applications from the Control Panel of your computer. Also, please disable any suspicious extensions or add-ons that could be related to this adware in your browser. Finally, to fix this problem completely, we recommend you to follow the tutorial below that explains additional steps you need to undertake.
Anti-malware tool necessary for asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-up windows removal
Similar adware removal video:
Asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-up detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling related adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.