Desktopnotificationsnews.com stands for a malicious page that tries to encourage its visitors into subscribing to the multiple advertisements in the form of web push notifications. The site attacks Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge and other browsers. This particular site is a fake Human Verification alert. It claims that you need to click on “Allow” to help you prove that you’re not a robot. However, we urge you not to do that!
Desktopnotificationsnews.com pop-up removal menu.
How does your browser function with desktopnotificationsnews.com pop-up ads enabled?
Desktopnotificationsnews.com is a dangerous website due to several reasons:
- it tries to force you into clicking on the “Allow” button to make you subscribed to the annoying web push notifications;
- ads by desktopnotificationsnews.com may point you to many other shady resources;
- Desktopnotificationsnews.com essentially slows down the performance of your browser in general.
In order to make you subscribed to the multiple advertisements, desktopnotificationsnews.com website displays a lot of faulty messages. For instance, it may tell you that you need to click on the “Allow” button due to the following reasons:
- the need to verify that you’re not a robot;
- the necessity to confirm your age;
- the requirement to enable certain HD streaming functionality.
As we have said before, this particular pop-up claims to be some sort of human verification alert (which is obviously a fake statement).
If customers mistakenly agree with the misleading proposals mentioned by desktopnotificationsnews.com pop-ups, they may start receiving the great number of annoying pop-up advertisements in the form of multiple web push notifications. These ads will be displayed randomly in the right part of the computer screen. Ads by desktopnotificationsnews.com may point you to the following shady resources:
- websites that encourage visitors into participating in fake surveys;
- pages that promote installation of adware-type extensions;
- resources that attempt to hijack some crucial browser settings;
- webpages that display scary messages to force potential victims into downloading potentially unwanted applications.
In the light of the above-said information, we strongly advise that you remove the Desktopnotificationsnews.com pop-ups from your hijacked browser as soon as possible. We recommend you to do it with the help of Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus that can help you do that automatically.
Recommended application and important milestones to get rid of desktopnotificationsnews.com ads from infected computers.
- Download Combo Cleaner for your PC by clicking on the “Download” button below.
- The program is initially in the trial mode. So, only the quick scan option is available. Click on “Start Scan” button:
- Combo Cleaner will first update its anti-malware database:
- At the end of scan, click on “Remove Threats” button:
- Upgrade to Premium to remove the detected threats, or ask for the free trial:
Detailed instructions to fix your browsers manually.
After you clean your browser from desktopnotificationsnews.com ads it might be additionally useful that you follow additional steps that will help you to reset your browser back to the fully functional mode. These additional steps are manual and include removing suspicious extensions or complete reset of these infected browsers.
STEP 1. Fixing Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then choose “Settings“.
- Choose “Extensions” in the left section of the window. Uncheck suspicious extensions, then click on the Trash icon related to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove desktopnotificationsnews.com ads from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix your Google Chrome browser.
STEP 2. Fixing Mozilla Firefox.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Desktopnotificationsnews.com ads from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Mozilla Firefox.
STEP 4. How to fix Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Opera.
Milestones to fix Safari in Mac OS X.
- Milestone 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Milestone 2. In the “General” tab set the home page back to google.com or other start page of your preference.
- Milestone 3. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Milestone 4. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Milestone 5. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Milestone 6. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Milestone 7. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.