Federalcops.com is a malicious website related to a serious computer virus that hijacks many browsers today. This website implants a special infection into browser. This infection is classified as ransomware because it locks your browser and tells you to pay a ransom to unlock it. On the other hand, this is a malware that possesses with the features of a browser hijacker. No matter how it is classified, the website federalcops.com is actively used by hackers these days to target many computers, primarily those in the United States of America.
The scam from the website federalcops.com presents a fake FBI warning accusing users of committing all sorts of crimes online through the browser. These false accusations with regard to users of infected browsers mainly speak of some sinful and wicked activities online. Doing such bad things in real life is surely illegal, however, hackers who spread this fake warning are not in the position to decide who is guilty and who is not. These crooks who send federalcops.com scam are the frauds who want to get your money. They don’t care about making the world wide web cleaner, or free of filthy stuff.
If you see this fake FBI warning from the website federalcops.com on your screen you need to ignore its fake accusation. Hackers will tell you that this is some real FBI alert and that you need to pay fine to unblock your browser. This problem happens mainly with browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer. Don’t pay any funds in favor of these frauds who have launched this scam into the world wide web. Don’t transfer any money by means of MoneyPak funds transfer system. The money (if you pay it) goes not into the US Treasury but rather into the pockets of cyber frauds. To remove fake FBI warning virus from the website federalcops.com please follow the instructions provided below.
Federalcops.com scam removal tool:
Detailed instructions to reset your browser settings for browsers in Windows operating systems:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that Federalcops.com warning (fake FBI notice) has been successfully removed.
Instructions to reset Safari browser in Mac OS:
- Open Safari browser.
- Click on the Safari menu and then choose “Reset Safari”:
- It is obligatory to mark all items and hit the “Reset” button afterwards: