While browsing the web you may see strange SquareTrace Ads in your browser. There may be various advertisement banners titled as “brought by SquareTrace”, SquareTrace Best Coupons, or simply Ads by SquareTrace to be placed in various parts of your screen. If so, then your browser is surely in a trouble. It is messed up by adware bearing exactly the same name. In this tutorial we will show you the way to effectively block these ads and pop-ups in your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.
SquareTrace adware removal menu:
- Recommended software to remove SquareTrace automatically.
- Resetting browser settings after automatic removal of SquareTrace.
- Video explaining how to reset your browsers affected by SquareTrace adware.
- Tutorial to remove SquareTrace adware manually.
Intrusion of SquareTrace adware often takes place through other free applications. Sometimes users find really beneficial utilities and decide to install them right away. The problem though is that they don’t notice important facts that clearly mention about other additional extras suggested for users to be installed into their PCs by default. This is where the problem actually begins. If users carefully read this information, they will avoid installation of this adware and many other unwanted extras. Yet, when they fail to be duly attentive, they may actually allow all sorts of useless applications to easily become the part of their PCs.
It is very important to read the information contained in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to all such free applications. If you find the message about some additional offers to be suggested for you to be installed into your system by default, then make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode where you may uncheck these extra programs from being installed into your system by default. Users who actually fail to read this important information often end up installing SquareTrace and a lot of other absolutely useless applications.
SquareTrace adware adds its own add-on (extension) into all major browsers. Plus, it will be clearly mentioned in the list of legally installed software of your PC. The adware will show its ads on quite a frequent basis. Most likely its ads will come up when users go to various e-commerce websites. Yet, there will be cases when they will appear just out of the blue, no matter whether the site is commercial or not.
We recommend you not to purchase anything through these SquareTrace Ads. This adware pursues the only goal – to bring profit to those who distribute it in the Internet. When you click on its ads or buy anything through them, the owners and those who spread SquareTrace get their profit. However, this application will not do any single good thing for you when it comes to saving more money online while you shop though various e-commerce websites. Furthermore, the adware may cause serious browser redirections to random websites of doubtful origin and content. As a result, your system may become even more infected through these pop-ups.
In order to remove SquareTrace Ads effectively from all major browser we recommend you to scan your system with Plumbytes Anti-Malware, which is a reliable antispyware program. You will need to remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version) and to reset your browsers with its help. All these important steps are explained very well in the guide below. If you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Software to get rid of SquareTrace automatically.
Important steps to delete SquareTrace Ads automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove SquareTrace automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with SquareTrace:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
Detailed removal instructions to uninstall SquareTrace manually
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SquareTrace adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall SquareTrace adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on SquareTrace program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.