Nek.makemac.net is a pop-up window which might periodically, or even quite regularly show up in your browser when you go online. The truth is that this nasty pop-up is caused by the activity of some adware program on your PC, such as Buzzit as an example. There can be other adware programs causing the same pop-ups in your computer. These many pop-ups are very misleading and may infect your computer even more. So, we recommend you to get rid of them, and in this guide we will explain to you how this can be effectively done.
Nek.makemac.net pop-up window may occur in any browser infected with adware, but mainly this problem occurs with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, which are the most vulnerable ones to adware attacks. The pop-up may appear when users visit just any random website, not necessarily the commercial one.
As we’ve said already, nek.makemac.net pop-ups are very misleading. As a matter of fact, they may present all sorts of messages to you, such as the need to update your video player, Flash o Java, etc. In all such cases these are absolutely fake updates, which are absolutely not necessary for you to accomplish. This is how the adware simply wants you to upload and install all sorts of other absolutely not necessary applications into your computer.
The pop-up windows from nek.makemac.net websites can be removed (deleted) if you successfully uninstall the adware program that causes their occurrence on your computer. So, we recommend you to adhere to the adware removal tutorial provided in the remainder of this tutorial. We hope that all these below-mentioned steps will be quite clear and easy for you to understand. Yet, if you require any additional assistance on our part, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at any time of your convenience.
Anti-malware tool necessary for nek.makemac.net pop-up windows removal
Similar adware removal video:
Nek.makemac.net pop-up detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling related adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.