Gos.drivedo.net is an annoying pop-up related to the activity of some particular adware program currently installed and running on your PC. You might ask – how could it be in your computer if you didn’t install it? Well, this is surely a good question. The thing is that the majority of adware programs today are actively distributed together with other free applications. So think of the time when you’ve recently installed some program downloaded from online websites. It was indeed free, but did you really pay attention to what its installer mentioned to you about other download offers? Did you carefully read these instructions of the setup wizard? If not, then you installed this adware automatically, without paying too much attention to the installation details, and this is how you now have gos.drivedo.net annoying pop-ups periodically bothering you. Following this guide will help you to remove them from your system.
These gos.drivedo.net pop-ups are not just annoying, but also very misleading. They are designed in a manners that makes users click them. For example, they could contain some fake information about your software being out of date, and about some update downloads ready to download and install. If you actually click these pop-ups and do what they tell you, the odds are that you will eventually see your system even more infected with all sorts of annoying and absolutely useless applications running on your workstation.
As you see, you must not obey any instructions expressed in these gos.drivedo.net pop-ups. They may load your computer with other absolutely not necessary utilities and software, which in its turn will considerably slow down the performance of your PC and of your browser in particular. For complex malware and adware removal we instruct you to follow the tutorial below that will help you to get rid of all unwanted programs from your system.
Anti-malware tool necessary for gos.drivedo.net pop-up removal
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.