IdealMedia 1.1.6 is an unwanted extension for Google Chrome browser, which is often installed together with some other free software. Once enabled, you will notice a special “M” sign next to the Menu in Google Chrome. When clicking on it, there will be pop-up window which will display various sponsored links and advertisements brought by IdealMedia. The will be marked as “Ideal Media Headlines of the Day“.
Technically, IdealMedia 1.1.6 is not a virus, but it is definitely not a good application either. It would cause your Google Chrome browser to operate exceptionally slow. So, without a doubt, you are recommended to get rid of this extension from your browser.
IdealMedia 1.1.6 adware removal menu:
- Recommended software to remove adware automatically.
- Resetting browser settings after automatic removal of adware.
- Video explaining how to reset your browsers affected by adware.
- How to prevent your PC from being reinfected.
You have to be extremely careful when surfing the web today. There are many free programs bundled by default with a lot of junk programs like IdealMedia 1.1.6. You don’t need them, so do not neglect carefully reading their supporting documentation. Make sure you switch to the advanced or custom installation mode to prevent any malware to be installed into your PC additionally. Stay safe!
Software to get rid of IdealMedia 1.1.6 automatically.
Important milestones to delete IdealMedia 1.1.6 automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove IdealMedia 1.1.6 extension automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with IdealMedia 1.1.6:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.