Pick Dark is an unwanted extension for the Google Chrome browser. Currently, this extension is spread through fake and misleading pop-ups encouraging people to download and install some crucial browser updates. However, in reality, dealing with such extensions may hijack a lot of crucial browser settings and cause unwanted browser redirections to random websites.
Pick Dark extension removal menu.
How does your browser function with Pick Dark extension enabled?
As soon as the Pick Dark extension is installed, a lot of crucial browser settings may be altered, such as:
- default home page;
- default search engine;
- new tab URL.
The Pick Dark extension controls the above-said browser settings. It also may cause unwanted browser pop-ups and subsequent redirections to other shady pages.
Pick Dark also may be involved in spying over your browsing activities. It may collect the browsing-related data and may even transfer it to third parties absolutely illegally. Remove this extension with Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus for Windows.
Recommended application and important milestones to get rid of Pick Dark extension from infected computers.
- Download Combo Cleaner for your PC by clicking on the “Download” button below.
- The program is initially in the trial mode. So, only the quick scan option is available. Click on “Start Scan” button:
- Combo Cleaner will first update its anti-malware database:
- At the end of scan, click on “Remove Threats” button:
- Upgrade to Premium to remove the detected threats, or ask for the free trial:
Detailed instructions to fix your browsers manually.
After you clean your browser from the Pick Dark extension it might be additionally useful that you follow additional steps that will help you to reset your browser back to the fully functional mode. These additional steps are manual and include removing suspicious extensions or complete reset of these infected browsers.
STEP 1. Fixing Google Chrome browser.
- In Google Chrome, click on its “Settings” button in the form of three vertical dots, then choose “Settings“.
- Choose “Extensions” in the left section of the window. Uncheck suspicious extensions, then click on the Trash icon related to it.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove the Pick Dark extension from Google Chrome did not help. When in Google Chrome settings mode, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Show advanced settings“.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset settings” button.
- In the pop-up window, click on “Reset“.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix your Google Chrome browser.
STEP 2. Fixing Mozilla Firefox.
- In Mozilla Firefox, click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of the browser window. Click on “Add-ons“.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab in the left part of the windows. Check suspicious extensions. If you identify them, click on “Disable“, then on “Remove“.
- NOTE. Final optional steps. Use these steps only if the above-mentioned methods to remove Pick Dark extension from Mozilla Firefox did not help. Click on the icon that looks in the form of three horizontal lines in the upper-right section of Mozilla Firefox and select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Troubleshooting information” in the slide-out menu.
- Select the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the new web page.
- Finally, click on “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the action.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Mozilla Firefox.
STEP 4. How to fix Opera browser.
- Click on “Opera” menu in the upper-right part of the browser. Select “Extensions“, then click on “Manage extensions“.
- If you find anything suspicious, disable and delete it.
Detailed video guide explaining how to fix Opera.
Milestones to fix Safari in Mac OS X.
- Milestone 1. Click on “Safari” menu, then go to “Preferences“.
- Milestone 2. In the “General” tab set the home page back to google.com or other start page of your preference.
- Milestone 3. In the “Extensions” tab, locate suspicious extensions and click on “Uninstall“.
- Milestone 4. In Safari menu, select “Clear history” and click on “Clear History again“.
- Milestone 5. Get back to Safari menu, then click on “Preferences“.
- Milestone 6. Click on “Privacy” tab, then choose “Manage Website Data…“.
- Milestone 7. Click on “Remove All“, then on “Done“.