Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net stands for a very annoying pop-up that appears in browsers infected with some serious adware program. For example, BetterSurf, Ads by Media Player, Ads by Media Viewer and other adware applications actively bombard your screen with pop-ups related to this website. In this guide you will find out how to get rid of rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up virus from your system.
The problem related to rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups is in particular the issue for browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Other browsers, however, might be attacked by such adware as well. Any adware is considered as a potentially unwanted program (PUP), because it slows down the performance of PC and of its browser greatly.
The majority of adware programs that use rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups for displaying unwanted stuff on your screen generally come bundled with other free applications which users sometimes download online. This is why it is very important for you to understand how responsible you are for installing all sorts of applications into your computer. You need to always pay close attention to the instructions of the setup wizard of the program you’re intending to install. Always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. Don’t allow any hidden or extra installations to be implemented as a default bundle offer. Again, please be careful and uncheck all such unwanted installs of really useless extras.
Rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up virus displays all sorts of annoying ads. This is why users often complain saying that they see ads everywhere. Truly, this is a real headache to see your browser full of these ads from rvzr-a.akamaihd.net popping up all the time, sometimes without any logic. Furthermore, generally these ads don’t bring any decent information. They don’t even tell about any deals available at stores, they don’t even imitate trying to help you save more money. In fact, these rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups regularly bring you to some sites that are not safe at all to remain on. As a matter of fact, you could be brought by rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-up to a site that is designed to collect a lot of your personal information and then use it for all kinds of illegal activities, such as sending massive spam onto your email.
To summarize the above-mentioned information, it is not safe to keep rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups on your PC. It is very dangerous even to click these rvzr-a.akamaihd.net pop-ups, no matter how tricky they might be. The only logical solution to which you may and should come would be to completely uninstall the adware program that causes these pop-ups to appear in your PC. For this purpose please follow the removal guide provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for adware removal
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware program. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.