Updatenowpro.com is a pop-up window that may come up in your computer as a consequence of you installing some other application lately. There are many of such cost-free programs which are by default bundled with all kinds of extras, which are truly very annoying. Many free utilities are closely integrated with all sorts of adware programs, browser add-ons, extensions, etc. The pop-up from the website updatenowpro.com is related to some adware program that might be running on your system.
Basically, in order to get rid of updatenowpro.com pop-up windows you will definitely need to find out what particular adware program causes these pop-ups to appear in your browser. In our case we saw this updatenowpro.com pop-up after we downloaded Hotspot Shield free version. The installer of it clearly mentioned that as a price for free use of this software we have to give our consent for Hotspot Shield to additionally install all sorts of adware programs. So, this is what now causes these updatenowpro.com pop-ups.
To get rid of updatenowpro.com pop-up windows we need to uninstall the adware programs related to them. This can be done either automatically or manually. Both of these methods are in all details described below. One thing we know for sure – these pop-ups are dangerous. Clicking them may infect the PC with all sorts of other absolutely unwanted programs, so it is a must-do thing to get rid of them and fix this serious problem with the browser infected with this adware.
Anti-malware tool necessary for updatenowpro.com pop-up removal
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.