You may receive a strange pop-up windows from updates-required.com website. This pop-up will tell you that you need to update your Java. The sad thing is that not many users today know what Java is, and they think that this is some real Windows alert. So, they proceed, click “Install”, and this is their mistake. Users should stay away from clicking such pop-up.
This is what updates-required.com pop-up says in particular once it appears on your PC:
Update the latest version Java – important!
Your Java version may de outdated. It is strongly recommended to update your Java plugin now. Upgrading to the latest Java version improves the security of your system, as older versions do not include the latest security updates.
The latest Java version contains important enhancements to improve your computer performance. Allows you to see web content properly.
Update version: 7u51
Did you ever think why in the world you got this pop-up warning on your computer? The thing is that it is directly powered by the annoying activity of some adware program, which is currently installed on your computer. For example, we’ve seen this pop-up as a result of CouponDownloader adware available on our computer, in conjunction with Speedial browser hijacker that made itself the part of our browser.
The thing number one to do when you see Updates-Required.com pop-up is to ignore it. Clicking it and proceeding with its instructions may automatically result in your PC becoming even more infected with all kinds of adware programs. So, be careful, don’t allow any of such hidden installations to take place on your PC as a result of you clicking this pop-up.
If you see Updates-Required.com pop-up, then please ignore it in the first place. Then you need to seek for the solution that will help you remove the adware that now causes it to appear on your system. But before you do that, please try to uninstall any suspicious adware programs on your PC and remove them from the list of the extensions or add-ons of your browser. Then download our recommended anti-malware tool, complete a system scan, remove all infections and reset your browser with its help. If you need additional assistance, please let us know.
Another screenshot of Updates-Required pop-up:
Anti-malware tool necessary for Updates-Required.com pop-up windows removal
Similar adware removal video:
Updates-Required.com pop-up detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling related adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.