Recently there have been plenty of complaints from users about multiple pop-ups from cdn-akamai.mookie1.com website. This is definitely a problem, since such pop-ups are extremely multiple and thus very annoying. But the really bad thing about them is that such pop-ups may easily lead users to different dangerous places in the world wide web, through which the PC may become full of other threats and potentially unwanted programs.
So, in this guide you will find the instructions that will help you to get rid of these cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-up windows from your screen. They may actually appear in the majority of widely used browsers, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Their appearance is explained by installation of adware into your PC. To disable these pop-ups you will need to get rid of the adware causing them.
Cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-up removal menu:
- Recommended software to remove adware automatically.
- Resetting browser settings after automatic removal of adware.
- Video explaining how to reset your browsers affected by adware.
- Tutorial to remove adware manually.
- How to prevent your PC from being reinfected.
As we mentioned above, problems with cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-up windows are related to certain adware enabled and running in your computer right now. The chances are that this adware was installed into PC after installing some other free applications. In all the cases users should be very careful and read the information provided in the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of all free software they intend to install. This is the way to be adware ahead of time about all extra programs that might be suggested for default installation, and definitely users need to switch to the advanced or custom installation options to uncheck these extra programs. Finally, to get rid of these cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-ups you need to scan your system with some reliable and powerful adware removal tool. It will help you to detect the infection and to delete it effectively.
Software to get rid of cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-ups automatically.
Important milestones to delete cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-ups automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-ups automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-ups:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
Detailed removal instructions to uninstall adware manually
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with cdn-akamai.mookie1.com pop-ups are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 operating system move the computer mouse towards the left bottom hot corner of Windows 8 screen and right-click on it. In Windows 8.1, simply right-click on the “Start” button. Then click on “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on this adware with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.