Following this tutorial will help you get rid of SearchAssist ads that might pop up in your browser. When you encounter such pop-ups, you will know how annoying they truly are. Yet, the truth is that these ads are not just annoying, but also very dangerous to be clicked. Yet, the adware that causes them does all it can to persuade you to click such ads, and if you do that – your PC might end up facing even more troubles. Let us try to remove these Search Assist ads from your computer.
SearchAssist ads come to PCs together with many other free applications downloaded by users from online resources. Thus, you need to pay close attention to what exactly you’re installing in addition to the initial programs of your choice. You must always carefully read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) of any free programs you decide to install. Typically they clearly mention all the information regarding third-party software installation.
When you are just about to install any free application, please choose the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. If you see any suspicious third-party software, please cancel such options for installing any unwanted programs. If you don’t see any option of a custom installation, then please cancel the entire process right away. This is how you can avoid installation of all kinds of unwanted programs into your computer.
SearchAssist ads are really getting on the nerves of many users today. They pop up when you open any sites and convert regular words into links, being highlighted with a blue colour. So, when you move the PC mouse towards them, these Search Assist ads will pop up. In this tutorial we will help you to get rid of them from your system. Please refer to the removal instructions provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for SearchAssist adware removal
Similar adware removal video:
SearchAssist adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling SearchAssist adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall SearchAssist adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall SearchAssist adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.