Wild West Ads popping up in your browser isn’t a tragedy. Yet, this is a signal for you to start cleaning your computer. Otherwise you’re risking to soon see your system full of other unwanted applications. Adware called Wild West is not a virus, but it isn’t a good application either. Its ads and especially misleading pop-ups may cause you to download and install all sorts of hazardous and dangerous programs into your system.
Wild West adware is capable of attacking Internet Explorer, Googe Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. This is done by adding a special add-on (extension) into them. You will even notice that this adware is mentioned in the list of legally installed software of your computer. This can be done by going to the Control Panel of your computer and checking installed software. If you see Wild West in the list, then your PC and your browsers are surely in a trouble.
Wild West adware is distributed in the Internet today through being bundled by default with many other free programs. Some users today prefer to use only free programs. No doubt, there’s nothing wrong with this approach. The problem through is that very often the installers of such free applications offer users a lot of other additional programs to be installed into their computers by default. Some users are in such a hurry to install these free utilities that they forget to notice what else their installers mention regarding third-party offers like Wild West adware. So, they just blindly click on “Next” and “I agree” buttons, without actually understanding what they agree with. As a consequence, they see Wild West Ads popping up everywhere around.
Most often these Wild West Ads appear when users visit various e-commerce websites, such as Amazon, Ebay, etc. Sometimes these ads will be even relevant to what you’ve been looking for through these websites in the past. For example, if you looked for cameras at Amazon website yesterday, you may see Wild West Ads showing you cameras sold in other places online. This doesn’t mean that this adware is trying to help you finding what you need. Its only mission is to make you click on its ads or to purchase anything through them. When you do so, the distributors of this adware get paid. However, you will not be able to save more funds by purchasing items through this adware.
Furthermore, the presence of Wild West adware may represent danger for your computer. You may be suddenly redirected to all kinds of third-party websites which may easily infect your computer with all kinds of other totally useless applications. You may be reported about all sorts or PC troubles in these pop-ups and then be suggested to install various programs supposedly to fix these issues. In reality, by downloading and installing them you are bringing a lot of unwanted programs into your computer.
To sum up the above-said information, we strongly recommend you to remove Wild West adware from your computer right away, as soon as you identify its presence in your computer. The best way to do it is to scan your system with Plumbytes Anti-Malware, the powerful antimalware application capable of detecting and removing all sorts of trojans and malicious files and applications from your computer. You will finally need to reset your browser with its help. These automatic removal instructions are set forth in the guide below. If you need more assistance on our part, please feel free to contact us without hesitation.
Software for Wild West automatic removal:
Important steps for removal of Wild West Ads:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Direct Wild West adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Wild West adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Wild West adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on Wild West program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.