Problems with SmartPurple Ads may happen in many PCs today. They surely do not appear by themselves, being all caused by the malicious activity of adware installed and running in the system. There are various ways how these SmartPurple Ads may be presented. One of the most common ways of their performance is through displaying intrusive advertisement banners. Additionally, you may suddenly experience another problem of continuous redirection of your browser to random pages, with these pop-ups also marked as caused “by SmartPurple”.
Advertisement banners of this adware will be titled as “powered by SmartPurple”, “brought by SmartPurple”, or simply as “SmartPurple advertisements”. They may typically come up when you visit different commercial sites like Walmart, Ebay, Bestbuy, etc. Additionally, you may notice that this adware is able to converts regular words of visited pages into hyperlinks. You will notice that specific words have been suddenly highlighted with some color (green or blue), and when moving the PC mouse next to these words Ads by SmartPurple will appear as small boxes containing various advertisements leading to a lot of third-party resources.
PCs infected with SmartPurple adware may become full of other infections eventually. The adware is already interconnected with thousands of other adware samples and malicious pages supporting them. So, through these pop-ups caused by SmartPurple users may be forced to install other junk programs.
Presence of SmartPurple adware may be traced in your computer through the Task Manager application. You will notice a special process related to this adware called SmartPurple.exe. When you right-click on it, you will be suggested to open the containing folder with other components of this adware. It is true that this program is mentioned in the list of legally installed applications of your computer and you may try to get rid of it in a common way. However, very often after regular uninstall process users still see the multitude of Ads by SmartPurple to pop up in their screens.
For complete removal of SmartPurple adware from your system a full system scanning is mandatory to be accomplished with the help of a proven spyware removal tool. You may do it with the help of Plumbytes Anti-Malware as explained in the guidelines below. Feel free to contact us if you need any further help on our part.
Software to get rid of SmartPurple Ads automatically.
Important milestones to delete Ads by SmartPurple automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove SmartPurple Ads automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with Ads by SmartPurple:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
Detailed removal instructions to uninstall SmartPurple adware manually
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with SmartPurple adware are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“.
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 operating system move the computer mouse towards the left bottom hot corner of Windows 8 screen and right-click on it. In Windows 8.1, simply right-click on the “Start” button. Then click on “Control Panel“.
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“.
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“.
- Uninstall SmartPurple adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on this adware with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Uninstalling adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to elimination of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.