CheckMeUp is the adware, and in this guide we will help you to uninstall it effectively from your computer. Why do you need to remove this adware in the first place? Why is it so dangerous and what are the ways of its distribution and implantation into particular PCs? We will try to answer these important questions. Of course, the most important issue is the effective removal of this adware, so we will not let you alone in this battle.
CheckMeUp adware is actively spread in the world wide web today, being bundled with a lot of other free applications. Users need to be extremely careful when they install freeware into their PCs. If you are a person who regularly downloads and installs something for free, then you need to make sure you know what other extras you’re suggested to make a part of your PC.
The EULAs (End User’s License Agreements) of free applications is a good source of the information regarding third-party software installation offers. So, it’s a good idea to read such documents before actually installing anything into your PC. If you read about any third-party applications suggested to be installed into your system by default, then you need to select the advanced or custom installation option.
CheckMeUp adware is installed when users fail to be attentive when installing freeware into their PCs. As a result, all major browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can start showing many of such annoying Ads by CheckMeUp. These ads will not bring any valuable information before you. Many of them are absolutely misleading. Some of them are very offensive and can even present a lot of disgusting and filthy information before you.
To sum up, these CheckMeUp Ads ins your PC must be immediately deleted from your PC. This can be done through utter removal of CheckMeUp adware from your system. We recommend that you scan your computer with a powerful antimalware tool Plumbytes Anti-Malware, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and reset your browsers with its help. In case you require our further assistance, please feel free to contact us, and we will do all the best we can to help you get rid of this adware from your system.
Software for CheckMeUp automatic removal:
Important steps for CheckMeUp removal:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with CheckMeUp adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall CheckMeUp adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on CheckMeUp program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.