You may see a truly strange pop-up window in your browser saying that ‘Windows cannot find C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\5.exe‘. What does it really mean, why did it appear in your computer and what can be done to fix it? This guide will answer all these important questions for you.
Without delving too much into details we can tell you that this ‘Windows cannot find C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\5.exe‘ alert is explained by the presence of certain nasty adware program in your computer. So, to fix it you do not need to do some substantial error repair. You simply should scan your computer with a proven spyware removal tool that can help you get rid of adware from your computer.
Adware removal menu:
- Recommended software to remove adware automatically.
- Resetting browser settings after automatic removal of adware.
- Video explaining how to reset your browsers affected by adware.
- Tutorial to remove adware manually.
- How to prevent your PC from being reinfected.
According to our personal analysis, this particular problem occurred in the PC infected with 123.sogou.com infection (browser hijacker). Also, it may take place as a result of other adware or malware attacks.
Here is the extract from the full text of this alert:
C:\Users\[your account name]\AppData\Roaming\5.exe
Windows cannot find ‘C:\Users\[your account name]\AppData\Roaming\5.exe’. Make sure you’ve typed the name correctly, then try again.
To fix this real problem you must remove adware from your computer. The point is that the system may be deeply infected with tons of malicious applications, which altogether essentially slow down the operation of your PC.
Plumbytes Anti-Malware (AntiMalware) is one of the best solutions to fix your PC and removal adware from it. You are recommended to scan your computer with this software, remove all the infections it finds with its full registered version and to reset your browsers with its help. The tutorial is given in the rest of this guide.
Software to get rid of adware automatically.
Important milestones to delete adware automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove adware automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with adware:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
Detailed removal instructions to uninstall adware manually
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- To access the Control Panel in Windows 8 operating system move the computer mouse towards the left bottom hot corner of Windows 8 screen and right-click on it. In Windows 8.1, simply right-click on the “Start” button. Then click on “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 right-click on this adware with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.