Gim.mapopti.net is a very annoying pop-up window generated by the annoying activity of some adware program currently installed and running on your computer. In many cases these gim.mapopti.net pop-ups are quite multiple, this is why they really slow down the performance of your browser.
The problem with many gim.mapopti.net pop-ups is the issue for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These pop-ups windows come up when you visit some websites, and it doesn’t really matter which ones you visit in particular. You need to understand that these pop-ups are very dangerous for you to click. Very often they may produce some misleading statements, such as the promise to win an iPad on the condition that you participate in some sort of a survey. You will be told in this survey to provide a lot of your information, such as email address, cellular (mobile) phone number. This information, if you provide it in this so-called survey, will then be used by hackers and spam senders for delivering all kinds of unwanted stuff into your PC and your phone.
As you see, these gim.mapopti.net pop-ups are very dangerous. You should not click them, no matter how tricky they might be for you. In order to stop these gim.mapopti.net from coming up again and again, please follow the guide below that will help you to get rid of adware program causing these gim.mapopti.net pop-ups. If you have problems removing them, please let us know.
Anti-malware tool necessary for gim.mapopti.net pop-up removal
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.