Gio.mappingdone.net is a new annoying pop up window that may come up in your PC and browser infected with adware. It is not only annoying, but also quite dangerous, by the way. This is why we do recommend that if you detect this pop-up window in your browser, make sure to get rid of it immediately by following the guidelines, either at this or some other anti-malware website.
Gio.mappingdone.net pop-up is caused by the annoying activity of some adware program currently running on your PC. It is also true that most probably you got it as a result of installing some other free applications which were downloaded by you over the Internet. You see, there is a danger in installing free programs downloaded from online resources. The majority of free applications today are by default bundled with all kinds of absolutely not necessary extras, such as all sorts of browser hijackers, adware programs, etc. You thus need to be very careful whenever you install such cost-free applications from online resources.
Gio.mappingdone.net pop-up windows are self-generated. In other words, you don’t even have to click any specific link to make these pop-ups appear. Once again, they are powered by the annoying activity of the adware program installed on your computer. In order to fix this issue we strongly recommend you to follow the simple adware uninstall guide. This implies common uninstall procedure of the adware that could cause such pop-ups, scanning your system with a reliable security software, removal of all detected infections and resetting your browser with its help. Please follow our simple adware uninstall tips as explained in the rest of the story.
Anti-malware tool necessary for gio.mappingdone.net pop-up removal
Similar adware removal video:
Gio.mappingdone.net pop-up detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling related adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.