Gnk.cipath.net is an annoying pop-up window in your browser generated because of the activity of some adware program currently installed and running on your computer. This could easily be the adware from the families like BetterSurf, Ads by Media Player, Ads by Media View, and many other similar adware examples. These gnk.cipath.net pop-ups are generated on a continuous basis. They may come up when you click some links in the websites you visit, or they may appear without your direct participation (just because the browser window is open). Following this guide will give you a clear understanding on what gnk.cipath.net pop-up really is, what it is caused by and how to get rid of it.
Generally speaking, there are very many adware programs today that are responsible for displaying a lot of annoying pop-up windows, such as those coming from gnk.cipath.net website. As a matter of fact, these pop-ups don’t really bring any decent information. In all cases these pop-ups have the only thing in mind – to make you click them. Once you click them, the developers and the owners of this adware program get paid. That’s the trick, and that’s so far the only purpose of these pop-ups – to make the developers of the adware programs richer and richer with each click made by you.
These gnk.cipath.net pop-ups, as we’ve said already, generally don’t report any decent things to you. Sometimes their offers to click them are very misleading. For example, you could be told about some opportunity to win an iPad through participation in some sort of a survey. So, some users who are tricked and finally click this pop-up sometimes specify a lot of their personal information, such as email address and telephone numbers in these so-called surveys. In reality, they never get this promised iPad, whereas their personal information provided by them will then be actively used by spammers for sending a lot of bulk spam to these users.
As you see, these gnk.cipath.net pop-ups are very dangerous, and this is why they must be immediately removed from your computer. In order to get rid of gnk.cipath.net pop-ups you need to identify the adware program that causes them in your browser. Complete removal of this adware will eventually stop gnk.cipath.net pop-ups. If you try to perform this removal manually you might be lucky and delete this adware completely, even though in many cases this doesn’t really help, and there are still some remnants of gnk.cipath.net pop-ups in your browser. We recommend that you follow our automatic removal solution that will help you to uninstall all kinds of adware and other potentially unwanted programs causing many annoying pop-ups, such as those coming from gnk.cipath.net website. Please follow the tutorial below to fix this issue with your browser.
Anti-malware tool necessary for gnk.cipath.net pop-up removal
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware programs that could be related to this pop-up. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.