Dock Search is a new hijacker infecting Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox browsers. The purpose of this hijacker is to perform the role of adware and spyware in your computer. For example, you may already notice that the home page of your browser hijacked by docksearch.net already contains certain ads. In addition, the search results delivered by the hijacker may be additionally mixed with various sponsored links leading users to different dangerous places in the Internet.
Dock Search hijacker is commonly bundled with the installers of some free applications. Users who surf the web and especially those who install free programs regularly need to make sure that they do not give their permission to install all kinds of extra junk applications into their systems. It is necessary to always take time to read the EULAs (End User License Agreements) related to any free software you intend to install into the system. And if you do find the information about Dock Search hijacker as third-party offer, make sure you cancel it by going to the advanced or custom installation option.
It is really disappointing that some people do not pay much attention to these important details. So, they may easily permit different junk elements to become the part of their PCs by default. As a result, the PC may be brutally hijacked by docksearch.net and users will not be really satisfied with the pseudo search services it offers.
We propose that you scan the computer with a proven malware removal software called Plumbytes Anti-Malware to detect and remove infections related to Dock Search hijacker. Finally, you will need to reset your browsers with its help as explained in the rest of the guidelines below.
Software to get rid of Dock Search automatically.
Important milestones to delete Dock Search automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove Dock Search automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with Dock Search:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.