PriceFountain is a program through which the “fountain” of many annoying ads, deals and pop-ups flows. This program is fairly classified as adware. Truly, it doesn’t do any single good thing for your system. Neither will it help you to save more money while you shop online. This guide is dedicated to removal of ads by PriceFountain and its many PriceFountain Deals.
The problem related to this adware mainly occurs in browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Other browsers, however, aren’t an exception and may be affected by this adware as well. The very distribution of this application takes place when users download and install some other free applications.
PriceFountain ads and deals most often appear when users go to some specific commercial sites in attempts to find some good prices online. At the same time, we can’t really tell that this adware can help you to save more funds. The only purpose of it is to make you click on its ads, and this is how its owners and developers get paid. The adware fulfills its mission when you actually click on its deals, ads and pop-ups. However, in this case you will not get any single benefit because of it.
Furthermore, due to PriceFountain in your PC you may notice that the entire system works extremely slow. This is true even for the brand new computers, which you might have just purchased. To avoid installation of all unwanted adware, such as PriceFountain, make sure you always pay close attention to what other free applications you’re going to install into your system in addition to the main application of your choice. If you read about such extras, then you must always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This will help you to uncheck PriceFountain from being installed into your system by default.
To remove PriceFountain adware and other related malware from your computer please follow this guide below carefully. If you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time, and we will do all our best to help you in fixing your system and your browser.
Software for PriceFountain automatic removal:
Important steps for PriceFountain ads removal:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with PriceFountain adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall PriceFountain adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on PriceFountain program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.