In this newsletter we will tell you about another serious infection which attacks many browsers today. It is called RapidSearcher browser hijacker, also known as RapidSearcher virus. When it attacks the computer the home page of its browser gets amended. Since the success of the attack it is set to start with rapid-searcher.com. In this guide we will help you remove RapidSearcher infection from the homepage of your infected browser and fix the problem of browser redirection through rapid-searcher.com website.
RapidSearcher malware gets distributed through other free programs downloaded by users at various freeware download resources. So, if you’re a person who regularly downloads some programs online, make sure you don’t install RapidSearcher virus as well. There are chances that this hijacker may be distributed with one of the programs which you’ve decided to download.
When dealing with free programs obtained at various online resources users must be very careful lest they install some other extras. When speaking of rapid-searcher.com malware in browser, it can be fairly considered as a potentially unwanted program. This is why you need to pay close attention to the programs you install. Don’t allow any hidden or drive-by installations to take place without you paying close attention to this fact. This is why you always need to select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This is when you will be able to cancel all unwanted installs offered as a part of standard installation.
Rapid-searcher.com browser hijacker, as we’ve said already, hijacks the home page of your browser. It doesn’t render any relevant search results. Those search results obtained from rapid-searcher.com website often don’t even match the initial queries. This is why it is very important that you get rid of RapidSearcher virus from your browser, whether it is Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, and start doing your search through reliable search engine.
To remove RapidSearcher malware, its annoying ads displayed on the home page of your hijacked browser, and to get rid of sponsored links and ads displayed together with the redirected search results, please carefully follow the removal guidelines provided below.
Tool necessary to remove rapid-searcher.com virus:
Example of removing browser hijackers automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Detailed instructions to remove browser hijackers automatically and reset the settings of your infected browsers:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.