The pop-up from activeplayer.us website is very dangerous. Typically it has the only thing in mind – to make you download a lot of other junkware programs and install them into your computer. The truth is that this pop-up is nowadays actively powered by the annoying activity of certain adware program, so in order to stop these activeplayer.us pop-ups from reappearing on your PC you need to first delete the adware that is the source of it. In this guide we will explain to you how to make it possible on your infected computer.
The pop-ups from activeplayer.us website are quite multiple. They appear in browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, even though other browsers might be under the attack as well. What you should realize is that it is truly very dangerous to click such pop-ups. The very fact of their appearance on your PC doesn’t mean that things are extremely bad with your PC, yet, if you proceed with the recommendations in that pop-up, you might end up facing your PC spewing out even more annoying pop-ups, full of adware and other potentially unwanted programs.
So, when you see any activeplayer.us pop-up in your browser, please do not click it. This is the thing number one for you to do. Don’t allow this pop-up to bring any additional and absolutely useless programs into your computer. We recommend you to scan your system with a reliable anti-malware tool in order to completely neutralize this pop-up and the related adware program, which is now active on your computer. For this purpose please carefully follow the removal tutorial as explained below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for activeplayer.us pop-up windows removal
Similar adware removal video:
Activeplayer.us pop-up detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling related adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall related adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.