Atajositios is a new browser hijacker attacking many browsers today. Mainly this problem takes place with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. From the information displayed at this website (atajitos.com) you may see that this hijacker is designed to attack Mexico, however, other countries may be under the attack as well. If you don’t know how to remove Atajositios from the home page of your browser, then in this guide we will help you to do it in an effective way.
Atajositios hijacker is actively spread in the world wide web together with other free applications. Let’s suppose you wish to install some audio converter, or brand new video player, or some other free program. When you are just about to install it, make sure that you carefully read the instructions of the setup wizard of such application. Note what other applications are suggested for you to be installed by default. And if you see such extras, you definitely need to uncheck their default installation options.
If you don’t do as we recommend you, then you may end up installing all kinds of other absolutely useless applications into your computer, such as this Atajositios hijacker. As a consequence of your failure to be duly attentive, you will see that the home page of your browser will be now set to atajitos.com. You will see the search tab titled as “Atajositios”. Now, when you look for something through this hijacker, your search queries will be redirected through search.atajitos.com.
Frankly speaking, this hijacker, just as all other malwares of such type, don’t offer any relevant search results. You may see that your search will be accompanied by all sorts of ads and sponsored links. We, in fact, recommend that you do not click on them, no matter how attractive they are. The only purpose of this hijacker is to earn money for its owners and developers. They get paid when you click on such ads and sponsored links shown by it.
We recommend that you remove this annoying browser hijacker from your computer as soon as you detect its presence in your system. Be very careful in the world wide web. Do not allow any concealed installations to occur in your PC without your knowledge or approval. For this purpose you need to carefully read the End User’s License Agreements of any free applications you download and install. Doing so will help you to know in advance about what exactly you’re suggested to install into your system.
Software necessary for Atajositios automatic removal:
Important milestones for Atajositios hijack automatic removal:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after Atajositios hijack removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Atajositios hijack detailed manual (free) removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Atajositios hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Atajositios hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Atajositios hijack and related software. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Atajositios hijack. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Atajositios hijack from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Atajositios hijack from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove Atajositios hijack from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to Atajositios hijack and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.