We’ve recently seen some unusual ads by ConvertFilesForFree. It is obvious that they’re powered by ConvertFilesForFree program, which is sometimes installed together with many free applications. If you actually uninstall them, you will still have ConvertFilesForFree installed and running in your PC. In this guide we will explain to you how to get rid of these ads by ConvertFilesForFree.
Generally, such ConvertFilesForFree Ads don’t represent any valuable information before you. Very often these ads are very misleading and may prompt you into downloading and installing all kinds of other absolutely useless programs into your computer.
The problem of ConvertFilesForFree Ads is the issue for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. In order to get rid of these ads manually we recommend you to disable and remove any suspicious add-ons (extensions) from all available browsers in your computer. Also, you will need to uninstall this program from the list of legally installed applications. This can be done by accessing the Control Panel of your PC and choosing the respective option.
Alternatively, you may get rid of ConvertFilesForFree Ads automatically with the help of some reliable antimalware tool, such as Plumbytes Anti-Malware as explained below. You will need to scan your PC with it, remove all the infections it finds (with its full registered version), and finally to reset your browser with its help. In case you need more advanced information regarding this issue, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Software for ConvertFilesForFree automatic removal:
Important steps for ConvertFilesForFree removal:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with ConvertFilesForFree adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall ConvertFilesForFree adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on ConvertFilesForFree program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.