Damo is a browser hijacker. Truly, this is a very annoying sort of a program for all users to observe. It will hijack the home page of your browser and will cause serious search engine redirections through it. Damo Web Search may attack all your available browsers, and you will surely want to get rid of it from your computer. In this guide we will help you to get rid of it from your system.
The website findamo.com is related to Damo browser hijacker nowadays attacking all major browsers. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the most vulnerable ones to the risk of being amended and infected by all sorts of malicious programs. If you would like to get rid of Damo Web Search from your system, then simply follow this guide that explains all the steps you need to undertake to delete it.
To tell you the truth, Damo Web Search isn’t really a malware, but this is exactly what some people believe it is. The hijacker is actively distributed over the Internet these days together with many other cost-free programs. Hence, if you are a person who has the need to install some free applications casually or regularly, please carefully read what else you’re offered to bring into your PC in addition to the initial program of your selection. Make sure you read the End User’s License Agreements of such free applications in order to understand what else you’re offered to install into your system additionally to that free program you’ve decided to install.
Damo Web Search browser hijacker is truly quite annoying to encounter each time you want to look for some information. Once you open your browser you will face this hijacker and its findamo.com in the home page of the browser. This is the reason why it is correctly named as a browser hijacker. Plus, all your search queries will be permanently forwarded via this findamo.com. Still, this is a truly useless search engine which can’t provide people with any decent search results.
In case you’ve encountered Damo Web Search in your browser this means that it was hijacked by findamo.com. No doubt, you nee to remove this unwanted guest from your computer. We recommend you to refer to the automatic removal tutorial that will help you to get rid of this hijacker from your computer. If you need any further help on our part when trying to delete Damo Web Search or some other unwanted program from your PC please contact us at any time you have such a necessity. Stay safe with us!
Software necessary for Damo Web Search automatic removal:
Important milestones for Damo hijack automatic removal:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after Damo hijack removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Damo hijack detailed manual (free) removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Damo hijack from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Damo hijack are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Damo hijack and related software. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Damo hijack. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Damo hijack from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Damo hijack from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove Damo hijack from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to Damo hijack and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.