In this guide we will help you to remove Facemoods Search from your browser. This is a potentially unwanted program classified in our blog as a browser hijacker. If you have your browser hijacked by it, then you will see start.facemoods.com in the home page of your browser. And this fact is surely annoying to observe by many users. Then often try to remove this hijacker from their PC but they don’t know how to do it effectively.
Facemoods Search is actively spread in the world wide web today along with many other cost-free programs. You might find some useful application and decide to install it into your system. However, when you hurry up to install is as soon as possible, you might not notice all third-party programs offered for you to be brought into your system in addition to this main software of your choice. And this Facemoods Search is just one of many other potentially unwanted programs you could install into your computer.
Facemoods Search is an absolutely useless search engine, which doesn’t really furnish users with any relevant search results. You will see a lot of annoying ads displayed in the home page of your hijacked browser. Plus, the search results redirected through start.facemoods.com will be full of annoying ads and sponsored links. Clicking on them is extremely dangerous. We recommend you not to do it and instead remove Facemoods Search browser hijacker from your computer.
Facemoods Search virus can be removed by you through two different ways. One of them implies manual removal, whereas the other method stands for automatic removal of it with the help of a powerful anti-malware software. Both of these methods are very well explained in the guide below. Please feel free to get in touch with us at any time of your preference if you need any additional help on our part.
Software necessary for Facemoods Search automatic removal:
Important milestones for Facemoods Search automatic removal:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after Facemoods Search removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Facemoods Search detailed manual (free) removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Facemoods from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Facemoods Search are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Facemoods Search and related software. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Facemoods. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Facemoods from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Facemoods virus from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove Facemoods from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to Facemoods Search and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.