Feihu168.com is a browser hijacker designed by hackers to attack computers in China. However, recently we’ve seen the complain from one PC users in the US about his browser (Google Chrome in particular) being hijacked with this sort of malware causing search engine redirection through feihu168.com. This guide will explain how to get rid of it from all affected browsers.
By referring to “all affected browsers” we imply, of course, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox in particular, which are the ones that are most common among those who surf the web. The odds are, however, that other less popular browsers will be affected as well by this sort of a computer virus. To tell you the truth, this isn’t a virus in a complete meaning of this word. However, the amendments it initiates with your browsing preferences makes up at least consider it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP).
Feihu168.com browser hijacker gets often installed into computers together with many other programs which users often download and install into their PCs. Many of such applications are free and thus seem to be quite attractive for users to install right away. However, sometimes they just fail to be attentive while reading the setup instructions of these cost-free utilities where it is clearly mentioned that they are by default bundled with a lot of other unwanted stuff. Surely, feihu168.com is one of such extras which doesn’t deserve to remain in your PC. So, to stay on the safe side, always be careful when you install free applications from online resources, making sure you uncheck installation of all these absolutely helpless and useless programs. If you would like to get rid of this browser hijacker completely please follow this simple yet automatic removal guide below. It implies resetting your browser settings to its default parameters, as well as removal of specific files and registry entries associated with this browser hijacker.
Automatic instructions to get rid of feihu168.com and reset your browser settings:
- Through your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the link below.
- Scan your computer and remove all detected adware files and registry entries.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings”:":
- Give your permission to reset your browser settings by clicking “Yes“:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.