This guide will help you to get rid of hdplayercodec.com pop-up windows from computer. What do these pop-up stand for and how can they be deleted from your PC and your browser?
The occurrence of such hdplayercodec.com pop-up windows in your browser means that your system has been infected by some nasty adware or potentially unwanted program. Most often the adware attack takes place when users download and install some free applications into their computers. If you’re a person who likes dealing with free programs, then you need to pay close attention to what else you’re suggested to make a part of your system.
It is very important that you always select the option of a custom o advanced installation, instead of the standard one, when you are in the process of installing free programs. You also need to carefully read the EULAs (End User’s License Agreements) of the free software you’re installing into your system. Such documents typically clearly mention about all other third-party programs suggested for users to be installed into their PCs by default.
If you fail to be duly attentive, you may end up installing adware, which may present such hdplayercodec.com pop-up windows in your computer. Such pop-ups, in their turn, are extremely misleading and thus very dangerous. Here is what they can tell you:
Update Your Flash Player
Please update your Flash Player (Recommended)
In fact, there’s absolutely no need for you to update your Flash Player. This is a deceitful information you see through such pop-up windows. When you actually decide to do what they instruct you to do, you may end up installing a lot of junkware into your computer. Instead of obeying the instructions presented in such hdplayercodec.com pop-ups please carefully follow the detailed adware removal guide set forth below.
Software for automatic removal of hdplayercodec.com pop-ups:
Important steps for removal of hdplayercodec.com pop-ups caused by adware:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions to get rid of hdplayercodec.com pop-ups
Step 1. Uninstalling any suspicious adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected by adware are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware which might cause annoying pop-ups. To do it, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to such adware. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on this adware program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click on “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click on “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing suspicious adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click on “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.