Highlightly is the name of another adware program which can be installed into your PC as a consequence of you installing some other software. Generally this may take place after downloading and installing free programs, which you could find at some freeware download resources. Please use this guide that will help you uninstall Highlightly adware from your system.
So, Highlightly adware program is displayed when you highlight some text in an open window of your browser. Let’s say, you’ve visited some particular website on computer security and malware removal. If you highlight the word “malware” at this site with your mouse, this is when you will see a pop-up from Highlightly program, starting to display all sorts of links that could potentially lead you to some other websites or products dedicated to fighting against malware. The problem is that not so many of such websites are safe (those recommended in the pop-up). On the other hand, they could be safe but might not really render the good services for your PG to fight against malware.
In either case, Highlightly is the program which is a potentially unwanted one for your PC. It consumes many system resources, and surely this is a real problem for your PC if you have not a brand new one PC. We recommend you to uninstall this program as instructed in the guidelines provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Highlightly adware removal
Similar adware removal video:
Highlightly adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Highlightly adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Highlightly adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Highlightly adware program. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click Highlightly adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Highlightly adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click Highlightly adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing Highlightly adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of Highlightly adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.