Landing.r2games.com stands for a special pop-up windows that appears as a result of some adware program installed and actively running on your computer. In particular, we’ve noticed this pop-up showing when our PC was infected with an adware program called Ads by Media Player. So, it is quite obvious right now that in order to get rid of this pop-up from your computer you need to remove the adware that causes its appearance on your system.
The majority of adware programs today are actively spread together with many other free programs, which sometimes users download online at various download resources. You need to be very careful whenever you deal with such cost-free programs. Don’t allow any hidden installations to take place on your PC without your approval. Always select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one.
The presence of the adware program that causes landing.r2games.com pop-ups on your computer means that your PC will function extremely slow (if it is an old one), or much slower, if it is a brand new one. As you see, the adware causing these landing.r2games.com pop-ups is a potentially unwanted program. So, in order to fix this problem, you definitely need to remove this adware with the help of a reliable security software. Please carefully follow the removal instructions provided below.
Anti-malware tool necessary for adware removal
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware program. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.