This guide will help you to remove mooonly.com virus from your computer. Technically speaking, mooonly.com is not a virus, but this is exactly the way some users prefer to speak about it. It is more correct to classify as browser hijacker.
Mooonly.com as a browser hijacker injects its roots into all widely used browsers, including Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Of course, other browsers are not an exception and can be infected as well. The hijacker modifies the default home page settings and changes the default search engine. As a result, when opening their browsers users see mooonly.com on the startup.
The goal of mooonly.com is to play the role of adware. For example, you may notice that the hijacker displays plenty of intrusive advertisement banners in the home page of your hijacked browser. Likewise, pseudo search results delivered by this hijacker will be additionally mixed with a lot of irrelevant sponsored links leading users to many unsafe places in the web.
Another mission of mooonly.com is to perform the function of spyware in your browser. It regularly tracks your browsing habits and transfers this information to third parties for various illegal purposes. As a result, your personal and private information may become available for cyber frauds and various companies involved in subsequent promotion of other unwanted utilities.
You’re strongly advised to perform a complex scanning of your PC with a proven virus removal application as clearly explained in the rest of the tutorial below. In brief, you will need to remove all the infections found by our recommended anti-malware and to reset your browsers with its help.
Recommended software to delete mooonly.com browser hijacker infection from your PC.
Detailed steps to delete mooonly.com infection.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via the download button above.
- Execute the installer and install the software.
- The program with its trial version will begin its scanning and malware detection process:
- At the end of scan the utility will give you the detailed list of all infections detected in your computer.
- Click on the “Remove Selected” button, then on “Activate now“:
- Purchase the software license. Once Plumbytes Anti-Malware is purchased, specify your license key and click on “Activate” button:
- Click on “Remove Selected” again.
- The software will start its removal process.
- It is strongly advised that you restart your computer and repeat scanning with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after reboot.
How to prevent your PC from getting reinfected again:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a cutting edge solution rendering excellent computer security and protection services for your entire system. With its full registered version your PC will be permanently protected from various computer infections, Trojan horses, malicious programs, browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted applications. We recommend you to purchase its full registered version now to maintain your computer secure.