If you see mysearch.avg.com whenever you open each new search tab of our browser this means that your browser settings have been amended. Some security blogs today believe that mysearch.avg.com is a browser hijacker. Since the domain avg.com is related to a well-known and reputable company called AVG, we don’t think it is correct to speak of mysearch.avg.com as a browser hijacker. Even through the very amendment of search settings indeed takes place automatically in some cases, causing mysearch.avg.com to appear as the start page of your browser. This problem surely might occur with all browsers, but especially with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The other synonym for this particular search engine redirection is called AVG Secure Search.
In all cases the presence of mysearch.avg.com in your browser as the home page of it is explained by you installing some program related to AVG products. The installer probably made it clear that you were offered to set up this particular site as the start page of your browser, and you should have been more careful to read the setup instructions more carefully in order to uncheck the option of such an amendment.
We can’t say anything negative about AVG products, AVG Secure Search and the very sub-domain mysearch.avg.com. Probably this is the policy of the AVG company right now to offer users to make this domain as the home page of their browsers. It is the responsibility of users to read carefully what they’re offered whenever any installation of AVG products takes place. If you would like to remove mysearch.avg.com from your particular web browser and don’t know how to do it – we recommend you to follow our automatic instructions below.
Automatic instructions to reset your browser settings:
- Through your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the link below.
- Scan your computer and remove all detected adware files and registry entries.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings”:":
- Give your permission to reset your browser settings by clicking “Yes“:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.