Mystart.vi-view.com is a new browser hijacker currently attacking many computers. Very often search queries of users whose browsers are hijacked by either of these hijackers are redirected through searches.vi-view.com. As a consequence, your general browsing preferences have been considerably amended, and now you face this serious issue with your browser. This is mainly the problem for browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, however, other browsers aren’t an exception. Adhering to this tutorial will assist you in getting rid of this hijacker for good.
The majority of browser hijackers today get into PCs together with many other free programs downloaded by users. Hence, you should always be very watchful whenever you install such cost-free programs. Don’t ever permit any concealed installations to occur on your system without your consent. This is why you should always pay close attention to the details in the setup wizards of such free utilities. In addition, make sure to read their End User License Agreements, because this is where you will be able to obtain all additional information regarding third-party installation offers.
Trying to obtain any information via mystart.vi-view.com is surely not a reliable way of searching online. This is a useless search engine with doesn’t furnish you with any relevant search results. In addition, this search may also be accompanied by a lot of annoying ads and sponsored links. Clicking them is very dangerous. To fix this issue of searches.vi-view.com browser redirection, please refer to the tutorial in the remainder of this article.
Mystart.vi-view.com automatic removal tool:
Detailed instructions to remove mystart.vi-view.com hijack and reset your browser settings:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
- Finally, right-click the Desktop icons and Start menu items related to your browsers infected with this browser hijacker. Click “Properties” and check their destination path in the “Target” section of the shortcut tab. Make sure there’s nothing related to mystart.vi-view.com in this destination path. If you see the website of this hijacker set there by default, remove it completely and leave only the clear destination path that leads to the executable of your browser.
Example of removing mystart.vi-view.com automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Example of fixing the Desktop shortcuts and Start menu items related to your browser infected by this hijacker:
Additional removal tips for Mozilla Firefox browser (if the above-said steps didn’t help).
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:config” in the address bar and press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- This will reveal the Settings page of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “Keyword.url” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box, then right-click and reset it.
- Search for “browser.newtab.url“. Right-click and reset it. This is a very important step that will prevent the search page of this hijacker from opening in each new tab of your Firefox browser.