The pop-up windows coming from pc-update-1024.net websites are not safe. We can even tell that they’re very malicious. Their only goal is to make you install a lot of useless programs, and such programs in their turn will tell you to pay money for them, without actually rendering any decent services for your system. In this guide we will explain you more about the origin of pc-update-1024.net pop-ups and ways of their removal from your system.
Keep in mind that in all the cases such pc-update-1024.net pop-up windows are caused by the presence of some nasty adware program in your computer. Most probably you have already noticed some unusual slow way of performance of your browser, haven’t you? Well, these pop-up windows are yet another sign of the serious trouble with your browser. Most often such problems occur with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Such pop-ups from pc-update-1024.net website are very scary and misleading. What we mean is that they provide users with a lot of faulty information, which has in mind to trick them into installing all kinds of junkware into their PCs. This is the example of what such pop-up window could mention when it comes up in your browser:
Warning! Your version of Adobe Flash Player is outdated!
Your computer is vulnerable to malware now. Update your Adobe Flash Player now.
Installing takes under a minute – No restart is required
Warning! Current version of Adobe Flash Player is outdated! You computer is vulnerable to malware. Update your Adobe Flash Player now.
In reality, there’s absolutely no need at all for you to update Adobe Flash Player. If there was such a need, you could do it through the legitimate websites related to Oracle company which is the developer of Adobe Flash Player. But surely such pc-update-1024.net pop-ups are not genuine ways of downloading or updating the Adobe Flash Player or any other related software.
If you actually click on such pop-up windows and download what they instruct you to download, you may easily end up installing all sorts of other totally useless programs into your PC, which will obviously make your PC to work extremely slow as a result of such installations. We recommend that you scan your computer with Plumbytes Anti-Malware, the powerful antimalware tool, which can help you to fix this problem. You will need to remove all detected files, folders and registry entries related to this adware (with its full registered version), and to reset your browser with its help. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you require our further assistance in this matter.
Software for automatic removal of annoying pop-ups caused by adware:
Important steps for removal of annoying pop-ups caused by adware:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Detailed removal instructions to get rid of dtw.getupslipperyskullcap.com pop-ups
Step 1. Uninstalling any suspicious adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected by adware are shut down (closed).
- Click on “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click on “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click on “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware which might cause annoying pop-ups. To do it, in Windows XP click on “Remove” button related to such adware. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on this adware program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click on “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click on “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on any suspicious adware program with the PC mouse and click on “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing suspicious adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click on “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.