The fake FBI alert from website police-help.com is attacking many computers these days. As usual for ransomware infections, the purpose of this browser locker is to steal money from users by scaring them to death with a lot of absolutely deceitful information. Briefly, the main message expressed by this fake FBI warning is to accuse users of committing all kinds of crimes related to visiting illegal sites in the web, as well as spreading and promoting this information. This guide explains how to get rid of police-help.com fake FBI warning from your infected browser.
Fake FBI alert from site police-help.com is not just a link in your browser. This is a special type of a computer infection, which has been thoroughly developed by the team of cyber hackers and is these days crossing many countries. It attacks browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
The site police-help.com and its fake FBI warning has the final intention – to make users pay so-called ransom through the MoneyPak payment system in favor of the crooks. The money in this case doesn’t go into the federal budget of the United States of America. The funds go into the pockets of cyber frauds, and this money will never be returned by them to you.
If you see that your browser has been hijacked by a fake FBI alert from police-help.com site you need to immediately take all the necessary measures to remove the infection from your PC. This can be done automatically by scanning your PC with Plumbytes Anti-Malware as explained below and by resetting your infected browser with its help. Please follow additional guidelines on how to do it below.
Police-help.com fake FBI alert removal tool:
Detailed instructions to reset your browser settings for browsers in Windows operating systems:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that police-help.com warning (fake FBI alert) has been successfully removed.
Instructions to reset Safari browser in Mac OS:
- Open Safari browser.
- Click on the Safari menu and then choose “Reset Safari”:
- It is obligatory to mark all items and hit the “Reset” button afterwards: