If you see a scary police message from the website polizia-penitenziaria.it.id (with a long continuation afterwards), then you need to know it’s a scam. This is a fake police alert which is not related at all to any police body of any country, including Italy. This is a fake warning which has nothing to do with Polizia Penitenziaria. This is a virus, period.
Hackers have registered a website polizia-penitenziaria.it.id and many similar domains in order to scare users in Italy. They’ve also developed a special malware called ransomware which is able to lock many browsers today. This virus attacks Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
The scam from polizia-penitenziaria.it.id website tells that users have been found to perform a lot of illegal activities online through their browser, this is why this browser has been blocked. Of course, this is an absolutely fake alert and fake accusation, which has nothing to do with the Italian police.
Hackers will tell you that in order to unblock your browser you will need to pay the fine through Ukash or Paysafecard payment systems. In reality, this isn’t a fine, but rather a ransom. You must not pay any money to unblock your browser, no matter how scary this fake polizia-penitenziaria.it.id alert might be. Please follow the instructions below to remove this malware from your computer.
Polizia-penitenziaria.it.id scam removal tool:
Detailed instructions to reset your browser settings for browsers in Windows operating systems:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that polizia-penitenziaria.it.id warning (fake police notice) has been successfully removed.
Instructions to reset Safari browser in Mac OS:
- Open Safari browser.
- Click on the Safari menu and then choose “Reset Safari”:
- It is obligatory to mark all items and hit the “Reset” button afterwards: