Savings Hen is a program classified as adware. There’s no PC connected to the Internet, which can escape the risk of being attacked by this nasty potentially unwanted application. Savings Hen reminds us about SavingsBull adware, which is basically the same thing. Its mission is to display tons of various annoying ads and pop-ups in various parts of your screen, and force you to click such ads. Yet, clicking them will not help you to save more funds. The only mission of this application is simply to bring money to its developers and those who spread it online.
Savings Hen is just a name chosen by adware developers for this program. It is not different from Cock, Bull, Cat, Rat, or any other creature. These adware makers seem to be quite fed up trying to invent some decent names for their adware applications, so they have decided to introduce some “animal” component into various similar annoying programs they elaborated and are going to elaborate in the future.
Savings Hen adware appears in browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The chances are that you will even see a special extension or add-on in your browser called with exactly the same name. Also, you will see a program called Savings Hen in the Control Panel of your computer, in the list of already installed programs.
Savings Hen starts displaying many annoying ads whenever you visit any websites, not just the commercial ones. It will convert regular words into links. When moving the PC mouse towards them you will see Savings Hen ads popping up. There can be quite many of such ads displayed at the single website, and this fact is surely very annoying for all users.
In order to remove Savings Hen ads from your browser we recommend you to first remove any related extensions or add-ons associated to it. Also, uninstall this adware through the Control Panel in a regular manner. Finally, please scan your system with our recommended anti-malware tool for complete virus and adware removal from your computer.
Anti-malware tool necessary for Savings Hen adware removal
Similar adware removal video:
Savings Hen adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling Savings Hen adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Savings Hen adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Savings Hen adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this particular adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.