The site softechnet.net is related to distribution of many adware samples today. It actually does this through displaying a lot of annoying pop-up windows that will appear in your browser already affected by adware. On the other hand, this softechnet.net pop-up window could come up in your PC just as a result of you clicking some malicious link online, or received through spam emails, social networks, etc. In either case we strongly recommend you not to click such softechnet.net pop-ups. As we’ve said, it is most possible that your PC is already infected with adware that causes such windows to appear, so we recommend you to seek for the solution that will help you to effectively get rid of it.
This is what the softechnet.net pop-up window might tell you once it comes up in your screen:
Media Player might be outdated.
Please update to the latest version for best performance.
Installing takes under a minute – no restart is required
In reality, this is an absolutely fake information, far away from the reality. You do not need to update any Media Player. This is just the way another adware wants to be implanted into your system and become the part of your browser. You could see such pop-ups in any browser, but mainly this problem occurs with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, which are the most vulnerable ones to adware attacks. We recommend that you don’t tolerate such pop-ups, but rather scan your computer with our anti-malware tool that will help you to fix this problem with your browser.
On the other hand, before actually downloading Anti-Malware, scanning you PC and removing infections found, we recommend that you first get rid of any suspicious adware programs from your PC in a regular manner. Disable any unwanted extensions or add-ons of your browser which could be related to some nasty adware causing such softechnet.net pop-ups. Finally, please reset your browsers with the help of the tool we recommend for download below.
Software for softechnet.net pop-up automatic removal:
Important steps for softechnet.net pop-up removal:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall all available adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to possible adware programs. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click such adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.