In this guide we will help you to get rid of Startpage Web Search by ixquick browser hijacker from your computer, also known as startpage.com. This browser hijacker is quite annoying for all users to observe in their browsers. Thus, there’s a real need to get rid of it from your PC as soon as you find it in your computer.
Startpage Web Search (a.k.a. startpage.com, or Start Page by ixquick) currently invades Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. You definitely need to be very careful when you browse the Internet and especially when you install any free programs into your PC. In many cases this browser hijacker is actively distributed in the world wide web together with many other free applications. It is definitely your duty to be careful not to permit any third-party software installations into your system.
Startpage Web Search browser hijacker is the issue for many people these days. They would like to get rid of it, but they don’t know how to do it completely. No matter what they do, this hijacker still appears in their browsers and their search.The difficulty is that they don’t know some methods for dealing with such potentially unwanted applications invading browsers. First of all it is necessary to uninstall any suspicious programs related to Startpage Web Search hijacker from the list of legally installed programs, but another challenge is to disable and delete any related add-ons or extensions of all infected browsers, which were modified by Startpage Web Search hijacker.
Still, even after these manual steps you could still encounter startpage.com in your browser. You will encounter that all your search queries are permanently redirected through this domain name, and that when you open every new search tab, you still see Startpage Web Search page there.
If you want to totally delete this browser hijacker from your system then we recommend you to scan your computer with Plumbytes Anti-Malware, a reliable and strong anti-malware software. Please take time to follow the removal guide provided below, which explain to you how to do it effectively. Doing so will fix this problem with your browser.
Software necessary for Start Page by ixquick automatic removal:
Important milestones for automatic removal of this browser hijacker:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after removal of this browser hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Detailed manual (free) removal instructions to get rid of this browser hijacker
Step 1. Uninstalling Start Page by ixquick from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with this hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Startpage Web Search. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Startpage Web Search. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the hijacker from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this browser hijacker from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove the hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this browser hijacker and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.