System Maintenance Service 1.18 stands for a potentially unwanted program. We’ve seen it to become a part of the PC when certain adware and browser hijackers attacked our computer. In case you’re an active Internet user you need to be aware of the fact that you’re permanently under the risk of installing a lot of useless applications (when you fail to be duly attentive).
System Maintenance Service 1.18 is one of such unwanted applications. As we’ve said, it is most commonly installed into PCs along with other applications which don’t represent any value for you. In order to get rid of this application you can either uninistall it manually as explained in the guide below, or to scan your system with certain reliable antivirus software, which will be powerful enough to detect all files, folders and registry entries associated to any malicious programs, such as System Maintenance Service 1.18.
Again, we would like to remind you about the need to surf the web carefully, especially when you’re in the process of downloading and installing free applications into your system. The majority of free programs today are actively bundled with a lot of free programs. Users need to pay close attention to what exactly they agree to install into their systems in addition to the main applications of their choice.
Finally, in order to secure your PC from being infected in the future please install Plumbytes Anti-Malware and run full scan with it. Remove all the infections it finds and keep checking your PC periodically with it.
Software for System Maintenance Service 1.18 automatic removal:
Important steps for System Maintenance Service 1.18 removal:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with System Maintenance Service 1.18 adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall System Maintenance Service 1.18. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on System Maintenance Service 1.18 program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.