Many security programs today report Winsere.exe process as malicious. And they’re quite correct to do so, by the way. Plumbytes Anti-Malware is a program which also detects this Winsere.exe process as Adware.ELEX infection. What does the term Adware.ELEX mean and is it really dangerous?
Winsere.exe is an application related to several browser hijackers developed by ELEX, the Chinese company. It is responsible for displaying the huge number of malicious applications and browser hijackers, such as Yoursites123, Mysites123, etc. The purpose of winsere.exe process is to prevent you from removing these nasty browser hijackers easily. You may change the home page of your browser back to google.com or some other decent start page of your choice, but the hijacker will still remain in your browser.
The poor thing is that many legitimate anti-virus programs fail to detect winsere.exe as malware. But according to our information, Plumbytes Anti-Malware is the exception. It is quite able to find all other malicious files related to this virus, to detect and remove them fully. It will also help you to reset your browsers for free. Just follow this removal guide below.
Software to get rid of winsere.exe automatically.
Important milestones to delete winsere.exe automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove winsere.exe automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with winsere.exe:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.