Yaimo search is a browser hijacker attacking many PCs and browsers today. The list of affected browsers is generally limited to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You will see Yaimo.com displayed in the right-upper corner of your screen, and, in fact, all your search queries will be redirected through this website. Yaimo search is a potentially unwanted program distributed today along with many other cost-free programs. If you’ve seen your PC to be infected with it, please follow this guide below that will help you to remove Yaimo from your system for good.
Without a doubt, it is much better to avoid Yaimo from being brought into PC in the first place, then to be in search for the remedy for its removal after its attack successfully accomplished. So, if you want to prevent your PC and your browser from being infected by Yaimo malware, you should be very careful when installing free applications downloaded from online resources. Make sure you select the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard one. This will help you to see what else you’re suggested to install into your PC in addition to the main software of your choice. Also, it is a good practice for all of us to carefully read the End User’s License Agreements when installing any free programs into our PCs. This will help us to know what exactly we’re going to install into our computer in addition to the main software of our choice.
Regretfully, not so many users today pay attention to all such details, so this is how then often allow all unwanted software to be brought into their computers. And Yaimo virus is just one of them, there are many other absolutely not necessary programs which are often brought to our computers in such a manner.
If Yaimo hijacked your browser, you will see Yaimo in the home page of it, and your search queries will be redirected through this domain name all the time. This hijacker claims to be some superb search engine, but on the other hand, it doesn’t really represent any value to you at all as far as obtaining the relevant search results are concerned. Most often you will see a lot of annoying ads displayed in the home page of your hijacked browser. Plus, you will see many sponsored links shown together with the search results redirected through Yaimo.com.
To sum up the above-said information, Yaimo is a totally useless program that you surely don’t need. We recommend that you follow this guide below that will help you to get rid of Yaimo from your PC and your browser in an effective manner. If you need any further help on our part, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time when you’re in need.
Software necessary for Yaimo search automatic removal:
Introduction to Yaimo search removal.
Step 1. Removing suspicious adware and potentially unwanted programs.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Yaimo search are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall any suspicious adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall suspicious adware. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing suspicious add-ons and extensions from your browser.
In addition to removal of Yaimo search and related adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove any related add-ons or extensions from your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to any unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.
Step 3. Automatic removal of Yaimo search with Plumbytes Anti-Malware & resetting infected browsers with its help.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after Yaimo search removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.