SafeSurfs.net stands for a nasty browser hijacker, which is basically the same as SafeSurfs.com. Both of these hijackers belong to the same family of infections which change the home pages of all attacked browsers. Additionally, user’s search queries will be permanently redirected through this particular domain name. However, this will not provide users with any decent search results at all.
SafeSurfs.net hijacker may install its malicious components into browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firefox. Of course, other browsers are not an exception and can be infected as well. The goal of this hijacker is to display annoying advertisement banners in the home page of hijacked browser and to redirect users to many other third-party places in the web.
SafeSurfs.net may be bundled by default with some other free programs downloaded and installed by users. It is mandatory that they always check what else the installer of free software suggests for them to be installed by default. If you read the information about SafeSurfs.net or some other junk programs you do not need, go ahead and switch to advanced (custom) installation mode to prevent any malware from entering your system.
Finally, to get rid of SafeSurfs.net virus from your computer we suggest that you carefully follow this removal guide below. You will need to delete the infections found by this hijacker and to reset your browsers with the help or a proven anti-malware tool as explained below.
Software to get rid of SafeSurfs.net automatically.
Important milestones to delete SafeSurfs.net automatically are as follows:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Detailed instructions to remove SafeSurfs.net automatically.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with SafeSurfs.net:
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular virus removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click on “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.
Video guide explaining how to reset browsers altogether automatically with Plumbytes Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected:
Plumbytes Anti-Malware offers a superb service to prevent malicious programs from being launched in your PC ahead of time. By default, this option is disabled once you install Anti-Malware. To enable the Real-Time Protection mode click on the “Protect” button and hit “Start” as explained below:
Once this option is enabled, your computer will be protected against all possible malware attacking your PC and attempting to execute (install) itself. You may click on the “Confirm” button to continue blocking this infected file from being executed, or you may ignore this warning and launch this file.