Search Defense is an adware which will display a lot of misleading ads powered by Search Defense in your browser. Basically, the purpose of this program is to make you observe these ads and to eventually force you to click on them. At this very moment, i.e. when you click on its ads, the people who stand behind this adware get their profit.
The majority of adware programs today have the only purpose in mind – to make its owners and developers richer. Also, when you click on such ads by Search Defense, the people who stand behind the distribution of this adware in the world wide web get paid.
On the other hand, Search Defense adware will not help you at all. This application claims to be able to protect your search settings from unwanted amendments by other third-party programs. However, note that this Search Defense is the third-party program itself. It is not only absolutely useless, but also causes a lot of problems with your browser.
Surely, you will be really fed up facing all sorts of ads, top deals and pop-ups by Search Defense to come up when you surf the world wide web. Some of these ads may be relevant to your search queries, but this doesn’t mean that this adware is some beneficial application. Quite to the contrary, in fact.
When you click on these ads powered by Search Defense you may be redirected to a lot of third-party websites, which altogether may infect your computer with a lot of other potentially unwanted programs. Hence, this adware doesn’t represent any value for you and your computer. We recommend that you follow this guide below, which will help to delete this junkware from your PC. If you need more help on our part, please feel free to contact us at any time of your choice.
Software for Search Defense adware automatic removal:
Important steps for removal of Search Defense ads:
- Downloading and installing the program.
- Scanning of your PC with it.
- Removal of all infections detected by it (with full registered version).
- Resetting your browser with Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
- Restarting your computer.
Similar adware removal video:
Adware detailed removal instructions
Step 1. Uninstalling this adware from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with Search Defense adware are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Search Defense adware. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to it. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click this adware program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall this adware program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click on Search Defense program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing adware from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of adware from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove this adware from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this adware and other unwanted applications installed on your PC.
Step 3. Scanning your computer with reliable and effective security software for removal of all adware remnants.
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this adware.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after this particular adware removal. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your PC now.