Tikotin Search is a new browser hijacker, which is very close to Astromenda, Lasaoren and other hijackers of the same sort. Please keep in mind that it is actively distributed in the world wide web these days along with other free programs you install into your computer. In this tutorial we will assist you in removal of Tikotin Search from your system completely.
You should be aware of the fact that Tikotin Search isn’t a reliable search engine. It cannot provide you with any decent search results. Most often it will also show a lot of annoying and persistent ads and sponsored links in the home page of your browser, and along with the search results redirected through tikotin.com.
We recommend you not to apply tikotin.com as the way of obtaining the search results for your search queries. Keep in mind that because of Tikotin in your PC the whole system will function much slower. Hence, obviously, you should uninstall this hijacker professionally and fully from your system.
Tikotin Search can be deleted automatically with the assistance of Plumbytes Anti-Malware as a reliable anti-splyware application. Hence, scan your workstation with it, delete all threats it identifies (with its full registered version) and reset your browser with its aid. Please get in touch with us if you need our assistance in the future.
The last but not the least, please be extremely careful when you install any free programs into your computer. You need to carefully read what other free programs are suggested for you to be installed into your system by default. So, you must carefully read the End User’s License Agreements of any freeware you want to install into your system. If you see any third-party programs, then please choose the option of a custom installation, instead of the standard (regular) one. This is how you may uncheck all such unwanted programs like Tikotin Search from being installed into your PC.
Software necessary for Tikotin Search automatic removal:
Important milestones for automatic removal of this browser hijacker:
- Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware through the download button above.
- Install the program and scan your computer with it.
- At the end of scan click “Apply” to remove all infections associated with this browser hijacker.
- Important! It is also necessary that you reset your browsers with Plumbytes Anti-Malware after removal of this browser hijacker. Shut down all your available browsers now.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options.
- Click on “Reset” button:
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully.
- Reboot your computer now.
Detailed manual (free) removal instructions to get rid of this browser hijacker
Step 1. Uninstalling Tikotin Search and related programs from the Control Panel of your computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems:
- Make sure that all your browsers infected with this hijacker are shut down (closed).
- Click “Start” and go to the “Control Panel“:
- In Windows XP click “Add or remove programs“:
- In Windows Vista and 7 click “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Tikotin hijacker and related programs. To do it, in Windows XP click “Remove” button related to them. In Windows Vista and 7 right-click on the item related to this malicious program with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Instructions for Windows 8 operating system:
- Move the PC mouse towards the top right hot corner of Windows 8 screen, click “Search“:
- Type “Uninstall a program“, then click “Settings“:
- In the left menu that has come up select “Uninstall a program“:
- Uninstall Tikotin Search program. To do it, in Windows 8 right-click it with the PC mouse and click “Uninstall / Change“.
Step 2. Removing the hijacker from the list of add-ons and extensions of your browser.
In addition to removal of this browser hijacker from the Control Panel of your PC as explained above, you also need to remove the hijacker from the add-ons or extensions of your browser. Please follow this guide for managing browser add-ons and extensions for more detailed information. Remove any items related to this browser hijacker and other unwanted adware and potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.