www-search.net is a special malware attacking many browsers today. It is classified by our blog, and by many other security websites, as a browser hijacker. The reason why it is called like this is because of the negative amendments it makes with your browser. These instructions will help you remove www-search.net virus from your PC.
www-search.net computer infection modifies the home page settings of your default browser and sets up the site www-search.net as the default page on startup. This happens not just with the browser you have set up as a default one, but with all browsers you have installed on your computer. Plus, the very search will also be forwarded through the domain www-search.net, which is a very primitive search engine. It simply steals the search results obtained from other legitimate search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
Remember that the majority of browser hijackers and adware programs are currently distributed through other programs (mainly those that can be easily downloaded for free in the Internet). So, if you are one of those Internet users who regularly or occasionally downloads and installs some freeware applications – make sure that you don’t install anything else in addition to the main program of your preference.
If you see www-search.net set as the home page of your browser and its main search engine – you definitely need to do something with it. This hijacker should be deleted from your PC right away, upon the very first detection. Use the guidelines below that will help you neutralize it on your PC with the help of Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
www-search.net removal tool:
Example of removing browser hijackers automatically in this similar YouTube video:
Detailed instructions to remove browser hijackers automatically and reset the settings of your infected browsers:
- Via your browser download Plumbytes Anti-Malware via https://www.system-tips.net/download.php or directly via the download button above.
- Scan your system and delete all detected infected files and registry entries by clicking “Apply” at the end of scan.
- Important! Shut down all your infected browsers.
- In Plumbytes Anti-Malware click “Tools” tab and select “Reset browser settings“:
- Select which particular browsers you want to be reset and choose the reset options:
- Click “Reset browser settings” button.
- You will receive the confirmation windows about browser settings reset successfully. When you reset your browsers through restarting them you will see that browser hijacker has been successfully removed.